PERSONAL INJURY | Injuries Due to Motor Vehicles

According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), someone in the United States is involved in a car accident every 10 seconds. Injuries arising from motor vehicle accidents is the most prevalent type of case involving Personal Injury. The vast majority of personal injury claims arising from motor vehicle accidents are based on Negligence. Negligence is defined in Kansas as the lack of reasonable care. Reasonable care requires all persons who use the streets and highways to obey the rules of the road. Some of those rules include reasonable care to keep a vehicle under control; driving within the range of his/her vision in order to avoid colliding with any other vehicles; a duty to keep proper lookout; and, obeying traffic control devices. It is VERY important to contact a Personal Injury lawyer as soon as possible if you have been injured in an accident you have not caused. It is also very important to call your insurance company no matter whom or what caused the accident.

Avoiding an Accident

There are many factors involved today in trying to avoid accidents. Much more now than in the past, it is imperative to beware of aggressive, drunk or reckless drivers in addition to standard cautions, such as road and weather conditions. It is important to be extremely cautious. If you are looking at these pages, more than likely you or someone you love has been in an accident and you are seeking information about accidents and Personal Injury lawyers. Reviewing the information on "What to do in case of an injury or accident" may be very beneficial to you. For more detailed information about avoiding an accident, please see the website for the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.


An experienced Personal Injury attorney knows the law and reviews all the factors in your case, such as the police reports and witness statements. Determining who is negligent in a traffic accident is crucial. You may believe you know exactly who or what was negligent, yet may not know which law has been violated. When going into litigation, judges and juries review several factors in determining the requirements that place negligence. All of these factors are known by Personal Injury attorneys, and they understand the importance of little details and will represent you well.

Contact a Kansas personal injury lawyer representing clients in Junction City, KS today to schedule your free initial consultation.

Uninsured or Underinsured Motorists

Although States require insurance on any automobile, many drivers cannot afford adequate insurance or let their insurance lapse and do not carry any insurance at all. Most states now require every driver to have insurance and to have liability insurance in case of an accident. Much too often, the required insurance is insufficient for most accidents when injuries occur. If you live in, or you are traveling through Kansas, and have automobile insurance on your motor vehicle, you will automatically have insurance that has "Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist" coverage which will pay for your bodily injury damages if the negligent party does not have insurance, or does not have sufficient insurance, to cover all of your damages or injuries. Contacting a competent Personal Injury lawyer as quickly as possible to ensure you are protected is essential, particularly in the case of uninsured or underinsured motorists. Hit and run accidents are also usually covered by your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage. In this case, your damages and expenses should be covered by your insurance company.

If the negligent driver does not have sufficient insurance coverage to cover your injuries and damages, DO NOT SETTLE with the other driver's insurance company until you know every detail about the extent of your damages and injuries. Before you settle with a negligent uninsured/underinsured driver, you should always discuss your claim with your own Personal Injury lawyer. If you do not comply with specific notice requirements to your own automobile insurance company prior to accepting a settlement, your underinsured motorist coverage may not provide compensation to pay for the amounts of your injuries and damages over and above the other driver's insurance if you have settled with them. This is another important reason to contact and review all aspects of your claim with your own Personal Injury lawyer.

No-Fault Insurance

If you live or are traveling in the State of Kansas, you should have insurance coverage providing no-fault insurance benefits. Those benefits include Personal Injury Protection Benefits (PIP) which pays for medical expenses, rehabilitation, funeral expenses, lost wages, and in-home assistance for you and your passengers injured in an accident regardless of fault. (Passengers who own their own cars collect under their policy).

The minimum coverage required by Kansas law is $4,500.00/person for medical expenses; $900.00/month for up to one year for loss of income; $25/day for in-home services; $2,000.00 for funeral, burial or cremation expense; and $4,500.00 for rehabilitation expense.

Most insurance companies do offer their insureds the opportunity to purchase insurance coverage with higher limits than the minimum coverage set forth above. To determine the amount of insurance benefits available to you is another important reason to contact and review everything with your own Personal Injury lawyer.

Kansas personal injury lawyer / attorney representing clients in Junction City, KS, animal / dog bite law firm - If you would like to schedule a free initial consultation regarding your personal injury case, please contact the Eschmann & Pringle, P.A at (800) 952-0566 or complete our inquiry form.