NURSING HOME INJURIES | Frequently Asked Questions

QUESTION: What obligations do nursing home facilities have concerning a resident's property or financial accounts?

Contact a Kansas nursing home injury lawyer representing clients in Atchison, KS today to schedule your free initial consultation.


The facility cannot misappropriate a resident's funds or property or allow other residents to. Based on state guidelines, facilities must place resident funds in interest-bearing accounts and be able to provide a full accounting of the funds deposited. A nursing home cannot require a resident to deposit his or her funds with the nursing home in order to obtain care.

Kansas personal injury lawyer / attorney representing clients in Atchison, KS, continuum care accident law firm - If you would like to schedule a free initial consultation regarding your personal injury case, please contact the Eschmann & Pringle, P.A at (800) 952-0566 or complete our inquiry form.