MEDICAL MALPRACTICE | Frequently Asked Questions

QUESTION: What is a Certificate of Merit?

Contact a Kansas medical malpractice lawyer representing clients in Salina, KS today to schedule your free initial consultation.


Many states require plaintiffs in medical malpractice suits to file a certificate of merit. This requires the review of medical records by an expert such as another physician, who must certify that the plaintiff's physician failed to meet the accepted standard of care and that this negligence resulted in injury or damage. The plaintiff's attorney must then file the certificate of merit.

Kansas professional negligence lawyer, attorney Salina, KS, hospital injury doctor nurse accident law firm - If you would like to schedule a free initial consultation regarding your medical malpractice case, please contact the Eschmann & Pringle, P.A at (800) 952-0566 or complete our inquiry form.