CAR ACCIDENTS | Frequently Asked Questions

QUESTION: What if the responsible driver or his or her insurance company offers me a check?

Contact a Kansas car accident lawyer representing clients in Hiawatha, KS today to schedule your free initial consultation.


If you accept a check from the responsible driver or his or her insurance company, you may be barred from getting any additional compensation from the driver or the insurer. You shouldn't accept a check or sign a release until you have spoken with a lawyer. Generally, your lawyer will advise you to wait until you have finished the treatment for your injury and have been released by you doctor, so that you know that you have enough compensation for all of your medical expenses. An insurance representative may encourage you to settle your case for the lowest amount of compensation possible and not to speak with a lawyer. You should consult with an experienced personal injury lawyer before accepting any payment, signing any release, or settling your claim so that you can make sure that you are receiving fair and full compensation.

Kansas personal injury lawyer / attorney representing clients in Hiawatha, KS, auto injuries law firm - If you would like to schedule a free initial consultation regarding your personal injury case, please contact the Eschmann & Pringle, P.A at (800) 952-0566 or complete our inquiry form.